TerraBrasilis web portal is a platform developed by INPE to provide access, query, analysis and dissemination of spatial data generated by government environment monitoring programs such as PRODES and DETER. It allows anyone to interact with maps without requiring further knowledge.
TerraBrasilis web portal is a platform developed by INPE to provide access, query, analysis and dissemination of spatial data generated by government environment monitoring programs such as PRODES and DETER.
This platform leverages service-oriented paradigm following interoperable international standards of spatial data and the specifications of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure (INDE). Example of services include WMS (Web Map Service), (WFS) Web Feature Service, WCS (Web Service Coverage) and CSW (Catalog Service for the Web). This enables the visualization and analysis of spatial data in different technologies. In addition, TerraBrasilis provides an interactive dashboard in which users can be in contact with various types of graphics that summarize the produced information making them easier to understand.
Team Of Coordinators
Contributors and former members
Luiz Fernando F.G. de Assis
- National Institute for Space Research (INPE)
- Foundation for Space Science, Technology and Applications (FUNCATE)
- Research Development Foundation (FUNDEP)
- World Bank Group
- Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES)
- Docker Swarm (containers cluster), Redis MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Nginx HTTP Server (load balancer and reverse proxy).
- Server for sharing geospatial data (Geoserver) and metadata search and catalogue (Geonetwork).